For many boatmen and women, Napton Junction, the junction of the Oxford canal and the Grand Union north, has always been known as "Wigrams Turn". Calcutt locks nearby, are referred to as "Wigrams Three". Certainly they have been called this since the 1930s, as Eily Gayford in her book "Amateur Boatwomen" refers to them by this name.
The name seems certain to have derived from the name of the first toll keeper at Napton Junction in 1800 "John Wiggerham". The tollhouse has stood on the junction, much unaltered for 200 years, and is a well-known landmark for boaters.